Dimple's Click

Separat existentie 2010 Unee MYT por scientie, musica, sport etc, litot Europa usa li sam Vocabular Lingues, differe solmen in li grammatica, li pronunciation. Delete this widget in Dashboard and add yours. This is just an example. Read More

FACING THE FEAR OF DEATH

Sunday, November 9, 2008


I remember waking up one early morning around 2:00 am to 3:00 am, I was gasping for air to breathe. Finding my medicine for a momentary relief and took me for hours to get me back to my regular breathing. Oxygen is the food of our brain. Lack of oxygen may result in a stroke or even multiple organ failures. I remember my grandma died because of asthma. I was there at that time. It was a horrible experience for a four years old kid seeing sick, elderly relatives. I brood over the time when my dad died. I remember the night he told me to look after him. He was so terrible at that time. He was suffering from a severe stomach pain. When I woke up the next morning, I've noticed something strange. The house is filled with silence. I feel the presence of anguish and sorrow roaming in the air. I was so afraid at that moment, and when I open my dad's door, I found him in a fatal situation. His belly grows more significant because of the abdominal waste that comes out of his small intestines. He told me to take him to the hospital, and so I did. After the operation, the doctor says chances are only 50% of survival. Even after he survived that process, he will no longer live a healthy life again. He passed away at the age of 55. It was the most traumatic experienced in my whole entire life! His death causes me to stand on my own, but the anxiety of dying haunts my innocence.
I've received a message from someone that my old friend today has just passed away. He's only 40 years of age. Now I'm wondering how does it feel to be dying? What lies ahead after death? Overcoming fear of dying is the most challenging task to bear. It's been 13 years from now since I got married, but looking back to those memorable years seems to me that everything just happened only yesterday. Another more 10 years will make me 43 at that time. Life is too short I guess. And as time goes by, life's journey will finally meet its end.

No comments: